New TEO Audio ICs, who has them?

TEO has been busy, they recently introduced the KRONOS ICs:

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-three-new-cables-two-cable-makers/

I see they also have an upgraded version of the Game Changer (GC II):

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8e6gg-teo-audio-gcii-1m-different-physics-math-different-result...

tommylion
We have three new cables on the way...one single ended, two balanced. (not in the same price ranges at the GCII, so no real effect on that used price.)

And a note: the GC cable are direct sale models and do not have ’retail’ prices, so the used prices tend to be commensurate with that aspect, ie, they tend to sell high - and quickly.
I read with some interest the piece Douglas Schroeder wrote about his experience with the "Schroeder Method" of interconnect cable combinations in parallel. Like Douglas, I also have the Teo Audio "The Pre" passive preamp and a few sets of Teo Audio liquid metal signal transmission cables. In my set-up, I am running the Teo Audio interconnects from my source(s) to The Pre and then from The Pre to a pair of self-powered ATC monitors.

Glorious sound, indeed, but how does the audio possibly sound better by implementing the Schroeder Method for those Teo Audio cables running between the sources and The Pre? At the outset, I was somewhat surprised to learn that the Teo Audio cables would benefit from this method. Their bandwidth is said to be huge (1GHz+), and the nature of internal reflections of signal propagation reduced owing to the fluid transmission medium. My excitement was tapped down by my confusion about the theory.

I then read a reply to Douglas’ piece from Bob Smith. Mr. Smith suggests that cables can be modeled as inductors and suggests that running 2 sets of cables in parallel extends their bandwidth by nearly 2-fold while reducing their characteristic impedance by 2-fold. Mr. Smith suggests that the benefit is the potential reduction in reflected energy and/or standing waves within the cable, which might translate into reduced phase distortion artifacts within the audible range. (Mr. Smith’s piece is long and well worth a detailed read; I apologize for the Cliff Notes’ summary here, which might not be entirely faithful to the original text.)

Presumably, these effects would affect both the signal and ground legs of the interconnect. From my limited understanding of the composition of my particular Teo Audio cables, only the signal conductor includes liquid metal medium, with the ground conductor being solid wire. So perhaps the ground conductor being solid wire explains why Teo Audio cables benefit from this method, per Mr. Smith’s explanation.
But to hell with theory, trying is the pudding of life!

Guys,

After reading some of the positive responses from users who have tried the Schroeder Method, I decided to try for myself since $51 is all I would lose if this method didn’t work in my set-up! Like many and Doug has reported, the difference in SQ is quite startling; imaging takes on a more vivid and natural sounding envelope with more color, size, depth and impact.

In fact, the first thing I noticed was the impression that dynamic range/channel separation seemed to go WAY up, no bleed over in terms of channel balance and sound-staging is rock-solid, wide and deep; you feel immersed within the performance.

I tried cables from the same brand and mixed them with other brands with no degradation in SQ or oscillation to my ears. Try it, you may find it to be worthwhile…

Wig

@wig 

Thanks for the update!

How long do you feel it took for the shotgunned pair to settle in your system before realizing the full gains? I should be getting the adapters today, so I will be trying this myself with two pairs of well broken in GCs.

@ 1markr,

I listened to mine initially right out of the box and it sounded better than single cables but with some HF roll-off due to no burn-in. Placed on my Audiodharma Cable Cooker for 4 days and a dramatic difference in SQ after 3-4 days of settling into my system.

Wig