New Tekton Pendragons On The Way

I am quite thrilled and also quite nervous in having ordered a pair of the Pendragon speakers this afternoon. I am doing this mostly on the reviews and also after receiving communication from Eric Alexander, owner of Tekton Designs.

Let me go back a little. I recently changed the tubes in my Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated from the KT120 to EL34 tubes. I have fallen in love with the EL34 sound and now my present speakers sound thin unless really cranked. I attribute that to it's 89db sensitivity whereas the Pendragons have a 95 db sensitivity. This should give me a much fuller sound at lower volume levels.

This is my secondary system in my home office and I play it 8 hours a day so it gets much more use than my reference system downstairs in our living room. Many of the reviews both pro and consumer say it's the speaker for someone who loves music. So now the wait begins to receive them. Supposedly they keep this in stock now in the basic black finish which is what I got. I would be thrilled if I got them by the end of this week but that is pretty unrealistic I guess.

If anyone has experience with these speakers, I would especially like to hear. If anyone reading this has any thoughts, kindly post them.
128x128stereo5

Showing 1 response by rickw062

If i may ask.Will you keep a thread going.I am currently talking to Alex.I am looking to upgrade at a reasonable price based on the economy.I have a fulley rebuilt and modded pair of dahlquist dq-20s.Wow these are now amazing.I now again want to go further.With the help of a friend The Audio Tweak I have awesome cables,stands,ETC. Star Sound Has Provided Many Things In My System That are superior to other products at a fair price.I also am using Harmonic Presision Monoblocks.Ican attest these are far superior to many products at many times their cost.Cant wait to put the Pendragons On my platforms and smile.With My BAT Preamp and my HP100 monoblocks I hope they will Be my last speakers.I have a love for music but also love to hear Things That other Speakers Can't reveal.I'm sure these will be fun And give me most of what i want.I'll get Stats or monitors too for transparent detail if needed Later.If alex can get a color and a cap upgrade in my ballpark i think we will have something special.Can't to wait to hear owner feedback as well.RW