New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
atmasphere,

There is a video on Analog Planet with Michael Fremer of the prototype Technics 10R. Sounds to made to be able to accept an arm of users choice. I am holding tight and saving my nickels. Until I win the lottery; the AF3 / Sat arm combo will need to wait.
There is a video on Analog Planet with Michael Fremer of the prototype Technics 10R. Sounds to made to be able to accept an arm of users choice. I am holding tight and saving my nickels. Until I win the lottery; the AF3 / Sat arm combo will need to wait.
I'm sure Technics will offer a base. The problem is that a base made of different material other than the actual plinth of the turntable will result in a coloration, no matter how well damped the base is. For this reason, I suspect that a new plinth that is large enough to accommodate a tone arm will have to be fabricated. But time will tell. I'm looking forward to see what the SP-10R is all about too.
Atmasphere,

The video suggested to me that Technics is still considering final design and that they are considering what guys like me are wanting and looking for. So, yes I will wait for the 10R and saving my 'nickles'. No doubt in my mind that it will be Spendy.
I am in the camp of everything makes a difference. Everything has a coloration. After all, we are reproducing sound. Go to a live venue to hear the real deal. We will get to see / hear the 10R when it's put on the market and make our judgements and decisions then. 

In the meantime; I am saving my nickels and throwing the odd quarter and dollar into the jar.

Best
Go to a live venue to hear the real deal.
This is even more effective if the real deal you go to gets recorded and you can have the LP of the recording!

Even more so if you are the one doing the recording...

It would be really nice if Technics sorted out the issue with the plinth!
I am really curious about the problem with the arm.  I would like Ralph to comment on why he is so opposed to this arm.  I imagine with a different headshell the stock arm could become significantly better than with the stock headshell.  The video on youtube from fremer really has me scatching my head to what Ralph is talking about.  The stock arm sounds pretty darn good.  I am not saying it bests a triplanar but I bet its closer than he would lead one to believe.