New Swifts vs. used Kestrel Hot Rods

I'm looking to upgrade from Paradigm Titans in my bedroom (which sound amazing for the money). Been thinking of a used pair of Kestrels, but now the Swift is out and seems interesting. Power is vintage Mac tube gear. Anybody A-B compared these two speakers?
jphilips

Showing 2 responses by ocbu9094

Funny, I find myself in the exact same position trying to decide between these two Meadowlarks. listen@energytrip: your comment about the Swift needing to "fit the music collection" intrigued me. Could you elaborate a little? I listen to a lot of jazz ('45-'65 mostly, which often lacks something in recording finesse), as well as classical. If I interpret your post right, this would give the edge to the Swift?
A few posts ago I was in the process of deciding and, having decided, here's my input. I ended up getting the Kestrel Hot Rods over the Swifts and I am quite happy with them so far. To me they just sound more "complete." Certainly enough bass for me from that little driver, though I am in a small room. The upper end detail is beautiful, cymbals ring and linger but don't draw attention to themselves. Mids do blend together some, but I kind of like that frankly. I should mention as a matter of taste that I prefer overall musicality to detail. Though jazz has my heart, I listen to just about everything under the sun and these speakers seem to handle the range well.