New Stereo Times review on CODA CSiB Integrated Amplifier

My fellow Stereo Times staff reviewer, Richard Willie, has written a superlative review on the Coda CSiB Integrated that has just been posted on the website. Richard does a great job of describing the new "house" sound of this generation of Coda gear, an excellent analysis of the world class build quality of Coda gear, and a very interesting comparison of the Coda CSib to the Pass Labs XA-30.8. A fun read!

amorstereo
Hey rh67,
Coda is one of the great American companies, being around for over twenty years, that has always been kinda a "stealth" presence in the US. Extremely popular in Europe and the far east, but not talked about here. Doug Dale and his team are great people and master designers and builders.

When I reviewed the #8, #16, and 0X7, they never let my house because of their superior performance compared to my reference solid state gear. The chassis work and the build quality actually puts to shame some of the highest regarded and much more costly US products on the market today.

So, yes this piece is a "great bargain" and Mr. Willie's review exactly nails what it has to offer in its performance.

It'll be nice if they can work on the appearance, especially the front plate. No need to make it look fancy or expensive, just make it more streamlined and less cluttered.
@yyzsantabarbara  Man, you've been on a roll lately. Did I tell you how much I envy you? :)

I'm assuming once you get your Coda combo, the Krell will be departing, or are you planning to use it with your RAAL setup? Last week I talked to a local audiophile who also owns Thiel (I think 3.7), and he swears on his life that the Pass Labs INT-60 is the best pairing he has ever had with his Thiels. According to him, they complement each other very well, with the Pass Labs being more on the warm side of neutral. I haven't had a chance to listen to his setup yet, but I might be able to in a couple of weeks.