New speakers to replace ProAc Studio 140, paired with Cambridge Audio Evo 150

Hi there!

I’m in the market to replace a pair of ProAc Studio 140. The budget is around 3.5k euros. I’ve already bought a new amp, the CA Evo 150, which should have enough power for most speakers.

I’ve already made a shortlist of some potential candidates based on what I’ve been reading:

• B&W 702 S2
  • Spendor A7
  • Fyne Audio F501SP
  • PMC Twenty 23
  • Dynaudio Special Forthy

To conclude, I also have a sub that I’ll keep (Rel 7/i) that will supplement the bass side.

Let me know your thoughts and recommendations.

128x128marcozero

If you like the ProAc sound (I do) move up the ProAc line. It just keeps getting better and the speakers with ribbon tweeters are great

I believe you are referring to the ProAc Response D20R. I can't say I'd prefer to keep with ProAc or change. In the end, it could all be decided on which ones I can get a better deal if there isn't a strong winner amongst the group.

That being said, it's fair to add them to the group:

• B&W 702 S2
  • Spendor A7
  • Fyne Audio F501SP
  • PMC Twenty 23
  • Dynaudio Special Forthy
  • ProAc Response D20R

I currently own the Proac D 40r. I owned a number of speakers before that with many of them from Proac (including the Studio 140) as well as other brands such as Spendor 9/1, Harbeth 7, Joseph Audio, Rogers B&W, Dynaudio, and Celestion, etc.

I kept returning to Proac, which apparently suits my ear best and has some synergy with other equipment I have owned.

Good luck with your search.