New sheriff in town: Luxman D-10x

Luxman D-10x SACD / CD player 

https://darko.audio/2020/07/luxman-announces-flagship-d-10x-sacd-cd-player/

Looks great on paper. Other than the SACD / CD/ MQA CD disks spinning, what’s intriguing for me is its DAC, with a brand new chip I have never heard before. If it is really as good as some initial owners report, this would be a SOTA all-in device for both disk spinning and USB DAC streaming.
128x128thyname
thyname

Thank You for posting. This player certainly looks promising.
I hope Luxman has great success w/ the D-10x, we physical media Audiophiles can benefit.

Happy Listening!
Serious question. Are Aphiles still buying $15,000 CD players or CD players in general? I am thinking the market is all but dried up.  Must be a very tiny % of audiophiles today. Perhaps I am wrong? 
grannyring5,268 posts08-17-2020 12:23pmSerious question. Are Aphiles still buying $15,000 CD players or CD players in general? I am thinking the market is all but dried up.  Must be a very tiny % of audiophiles today. Perhaps I am wrong?
I agree in that majority of people stream nowadays instead of spinning disks. 

However, a good CD player has a good DAC. And often times, like this one, that DAC can be "accessed" via a USB port (or other digital inputs) to hook up a streamer to. In which case, in theory, someone can use the same "CD player" as a DAC, thus having a single machine that spin discs as well as acts as your regular DAC. Nothing wrong with this if you ask me.
Perfectly understandable. I would use the dac in the CD as you say to stream and play CDs. Still, it must be a tiny remaining US market and it no doubt inflates the price pretty dramatically.

If Japan is a big CD player market, then it makes perfect sense.