New Sade Album

Just ordered new album "lover rocks" after listening to real audio samples. Its been over 8 years since the last Sade album, style is similar to previous albums, every song sounds like a winner. All previous Sade albums have excellent sound quality, this should be no exception, any Sade fans out there.....
128x128megasam
Hey All -- I haven't bought the new Sade album yet. However, I have heard what may be the feature cut off of the new CD and I think that I can still dissect her honeyed voice from the instrumental background. I have yet to hear the new Sade CD in its full context. But if its like the other Sade classics from the 1980's (1985's "Diamond Life" and "Promise" (I didn't care much for the one she released in 1988 -- "Stronger Than Pride") and 1993's "Love Deluxe"), then I don't see any reason for me to be disappointed when the new Sade CD is added to my collection. Whether it's borring or not, or that all of the authentic instrumentation that has made three out of the past four Sade albums classic is lost remains to be seen. If all of the ingredients are there that has made most of her past albums hit albums are there on THIS album as well, then it will remain in my CD rack right along with her other classics. If not, then I will relegated it to the back of the CD rack, go back to "Diamond Life", "Promise", and "Love Deluxe", and I will never play the Sade CD again. That's my take on that. I'll let everyone know how the new Sade CD turns out in my opinion. Stayed tuned everyone
I have all of Sade's previous albums. I find Lovers Rock to be e big disappointment. She has changed the style of her music going to a more silent background. I do like the title cut but agree with cornfedboy- the album is boring.
Wow funny you mention Sade, i'm playing her Greatest Hits CD as i'm going over the treads. Will definitley buy her new CD. She's great !! Boy i bet she sounds REAL GOOD on Albert Porter's Walker and Sound Lab's. How bout it Albert, how does Sade sound!!!
I own some of the early Sade LPs and they sound quite good. One of my friends recently brought over the Jill Scott CD that Martice mentioned and the sound was great: clean, nice dynamic contrasts and solid, punchy lower bass. In fact, now that I'm reminded of this album again, I'm going to have to run out and buy it. As I recall, however, the lyrical content was somewhat "spicy" on some cuts. Listen to it alone before listening with polite company...It may be offensive to some. I love marketing ploys. :)