New Roland Continuum 250 vs. Simaudio I-7

I've looked through the archives and haven't seen a comparison of these 2 integrateds. I am embarking on a second system (first is HT) and wondered if anyone has heard the Roland vs. Sim.

At this point it looks like I'm going with the Dynaudio C1's and the rest is up in the air. Probably going to buy the C1's on demo/used (~4-5K) and would like to keep the system under 12k total. Ideas?

Not completely set on an integrated but like the simplicity of them as my theatre is a cable nightmare.......

The Roland pieces seem to be MUCH easier to come by (on audiogon anyway) than the Simaudio.

My room size is 12'x 12'w/8ft ceiling.

Thanks for your help.
128x128hessec

Showing 2 responses by audiofeil

"Superior" is subjective of course. A financial interest will always skew one's opinion.

Another listener might view alternate products accordingly.
My intent was not to single out Dave's post but rather to point out that products are system dependent. I have great cartridges, for example, that perform quite ordinarily in some tonearms.

I have no doubt that the Rowland is "superior" within the context of his component assemblage.

The same could be claimed in another system containing the CJ. For example Mrt, well known here for his soft sounding vintage style tube sonic affinities, may prefer the CJ in Dave's system.

And so it goes.
Thanks