New Qobuz User Comments

So, I bit the bullet and have Qobuz going for one month now. The Studio version, not the topmost tier. I cancelled Tidal because I wasn't happy with MQA sound and the relentless marketing of music I detest. I like Qobuz very much. The sound quality at all levels is outstanding IMO.  My only gripe is I can't organize my favorite albums by artist and for now I'm stuck with "date added" listing when streaming through a Lumin T2. Qobuz says they are working on this. On my phone or laptop, using just the Qobuz app, I can display albums alphabetically by Artist.  Via my phone, in the car, I have no dropout issues. When downloading Qobuz albums to my iPhone the download time is significantly faster than with Tidal. Finally, the Qobuz platform seems pretty stable and the music offered is sufficient.
128x128tuberist
I was a beta tester for Qobuz and have been requesting this sort by artist capability since I started testing earlier this year. I know they are working on the API but have been unable to get a completion date.

I previously emailed Aurender and they are patiently waiting for Qobuz to release their API instructions. I also do not know how long it will take Lumin, Innuos, Aurender, etc. to implement the Qobuz API. I am adding more favorites to Qobuz and sort options by artist name, etc. will make it much easier for me to find the album I want.

See response below from Qobuz Customer Support:

“Thanks for your follow up email. We are still working with our partners to deploy our new API. I don’t have a firm date of the deployment for you. However, I can say that we are getting closer to the finish line. I would say to check back within the month”.

This means, I hope, Qobuz is getting close to releasing their API to their 3rd partners. I have no additional info on how long it will take for Aurender, Lumin, Innuos, etc. to update their software with the new API.

Now we wait.

I have Qobuz and love the SQ and the number of hi-res titles in the jazz library.  I also have Tidal and would drop it in a second if Qobuz would introduce a family plan. 
I am interested  in Qobuz as well as I have heard that it has best Classical quality and selection.

Can hi quality files be streamed seamlessly if internet speed on my PC peaks at 5 mbs? Is a PC needed?
  • I don’t know the answer Recluse. I do know if you email Qobuz you get a pretty fast response
Thanks for the conversation. I am about to upgrade my system with a streamer and was curious about Quboz. Looks like a popular company amongaudiophiles