New preamp experience

Through the years, I have changed amps, speakers, front end components and various cabeling topologies many times across a large range of tube and solid state systems but the constant was always my Cary SLP05 preamp. I always perceived it to be the best pre I had ever heard and it is very adaptable and capable of applications on both sides of the fence. The 300b Coincident Frankenstien Monoblocks that I purchased sounded really great through this pre but O MY GOSH!! I just recieved the Coincident Statement Linestage pre amp and now I'm wondering..maybe the choice of preamp has all along been my weakest link. This preamp is absolutely incredable. I guess I learned a lesson here.
markus1299

Showing 4 responses by markus1299

Hello Charles1dad,
I still have the VAC REN 30/30 and it is an excellent amp but once I heard the Franks/Statement linestage combo there was no going back. Totally stunning performance and I'm only at 43 hours. I also purchased the Ocellia I/C and S/C that I'm putting in place today. How long should it take to break these in?
Thank you for your valuable guidence through the years. I hear what your saying!!!
Mark
Pdreher,

I might but you wouldn't like what I would want with new tubes and all
I have truely enjoyed it Paul

Mark
Charles1dad, Since I purchased the Franks, I find that I use the VAC less and less. Don't get me wrong it is a great amp and I most likely will not part with it but now I see a VAC, sig MkII pre amp for sale here. The madness has to stop somewhere!! I haven't tried it through the CSL yet so that should be a treat.
Best
Mark
In my quest for the ultimate sound to my ears, the one lesson that I have learned is that more does absolutely not mean better. Wish I could recoup the bucks I spent to reach this conclusion but guess it has been all about the learning curve and what my ears perceive as the best.

Mark