New Order fans?

New Order just celebrated the 40th anniversary release of their first album Movement. I'm hoping to see them next year on the Unity Tour with Pet Shop Boys.  Are there any New Order fans on Audiogon or am I the only one? If so, what's your fav album/song? 

bluorion

@larsman,

I caught their one-off show online a short while back.

I began watching tentatively and was surprised to find myself soon gripped and immersed in the music.

What could easily have been an embarrassment ended up being a spectacular.

Real life affirming stuff from Hooky.

NO just played the O2 arena in London last week---it should still be available for streaming I believe. Would have loved to have seen that show!!

Yes - Substance came out while at University and sort of discovered them thru MTV and the show 120 Minutes. Went back and listened to Joy Division as well. 

Has anyone scene the movie "24 Hour Party People" - fun stuff in that film.

As far as live - New Order did not do it for me live. I felt they were a great studio band but live was just a bit of a mess. It was like Bernard Sumner did not take it seriously.  The random cat call whistles in various songs thru me off.

Peter Hook is great - an icon with a unique sound and approach. Cool stuff. 

BTW, the lush and full bodied True Faith is a masterpiece. Really struck a chord with me.

@dvddesigner ,

24 Hour Party People might be the best thing Steve Coogan has done. Ok, his Stan Laurel was pretty good too!

Anyway, the late Tony Wilson is still much missed.

Perhaps he was the nearest thing we had to a maverick British version of the great Joe Boyd.

The back story of Joy Division/New Order is certainly a fascinating one.

It has to be with characters such as Tony Wilson, Rob Gretton and eccentric producer Martin Hannett amongst the cast.

I can remember clubbing in the '80s and when Bizarre Love Triangle started playing, the dance floor would get packed. A timeless classic. One of the first NO songs I ever heard was Confusion.