New NAD M-25 or Used McIntosh MC-207?

Looking for smooth and detailed for music and still dynamic for movies. Have Hyperion HPS-938 and Arcam FMJ cd player and DVD. Arcam P1000 and AVP700. With Nordost cables. Clean but slightly flat and sharp sounding. Any thoughts?
hawkeye43

Showing 5 responses by hawkeye43

She thinks I'm nuts but doesn't freak out on this hobby. Just bought the Mac C-2200 tube preamp. Should have it in my system tomorrow. Very excited to hear what it sounds like in my room with the rest of my gear. Someday hope to have a 275 in a two channel only room. Have heard it and love it. No room now so it will be down the road. Think I'm done for the near future, except for a cable or two.
Yep the Mac is expensive. Looking at a demo to save money. But it will still be double the NAD. I wonder if it is at least 2X as good? Have heard the Mac. No local dealers carry the M Series. No luck there.

Is the M25 as good with music as it is with movies. Need bass slam for music too. With nice warm vocals. Have tons of detail now but no "meat" to the sound.

A little disapointed that the NAD isn't balanced. Using all balanced cables now. So it should cost something extra there. Have some Nordost Red Dawn's that are single-ended. My help, dont' know if the NAD is Nordost friendly.

David
I bought the Mac, looking foward to getting it in the system. Should be a major step up from the Arcam P1000.
Will be here around Wed. or Thurs. Have to move everything in my rack up. The thing is huge, may take a day or two to get it in and hooked up.

Wonder how long it will need to run in. The guy told me 72 hours but it always seems to take longer to really run this stuff in. Can't wait though!
Just a follow up on the Mac. Have had it many weeks now and it just keeps getting better and better. My Hyperions have never sounded so good. Just playing the cable game now. Can't decide between a few.

It sounds wide open and powerful. Even my wife notice the sound. That is saying something.