New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

Yeah if YOU really think that you will be able to tell how these speakers will sound in YOUR room via  YouTube video then best to you. Tell us all how this works out

That S..ts funny to me someone would take stock on speaker sound quality from a recording of a speaker played through different speakers. 

“hey Bob did you hear doze new Wilson Maxx 54s on the YouTuber! Man that s..t was amazin! Gonna get me a pair of dem”

just kiddin. MAYBE you can get a general voicing signature from those videos but other than that…….. 

ive had this speaker for about 3 weeks now - its one of the few speakers where i actually really like the fact that the treble and bass are all one driver . Because its so one pieceish - its very clean and tight 

Coherence with a capital C make this speaker very grown up and sophisticated - Its very good for home theater as well - although its not talked about much

In fact its very arguably a great home theater speaker.

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For music i would give it a solid 8 stars out of 10

For home theater -  i would give it 9 stars out of 10

You guys should see my comments on the Qualia IQ thread.  You cannot buy the speaker driver used in the Mofi....but you can buy the all the parts for the Qualia and make a much better version for about $2.5K.  The stock Qualia is a whole nuther level up from this very good speaker (Mofi) that uses ordinary Chinese sourced wire, xover parts and jacks.  Even if you made an external xover using the worlds best parts and execution.....the modded Mofi would still not image as well or play as delicate or be as dynamic or go as low as the stock Qualia......and since you can make your own Qualia clone that is way better than the stock Qualia for $2.5K.....game over.

@ricevs 

Very interesting 411 about the Qualios. I didn't see any DIY info.

I absolutely love my Emerald Physics 3.4s. I have Mark Ss personal pair, which I assume have upgraded XOs to which I upgraded the  CRAP jumper wiring, making them long enough to get the XOs off the bases, which vibrate like crazy . This simple DIY alone was/is a HUGE improvement