New McIntosh MA252

Wondering if anyone has listened to the new MA252. I have an MA6500 pushing 200 watts into my SF Olympica llls which I think sound great. Question - would the tube preamp on the new MA252 add noticeable warmth, richness, sound stage presence? Thanks. 

128x128teboerio
I can't compare it to any other mac gear but I thought it sounded great connected to a pair of Sonus Faber Vener's (I believe they were). My friend who owns a shop told me that the MA252 is really hard to get your hands on right now. It's such a gorgeous amp you find yourself standing close to it for a bit. He had me sit in the sweet spot while he played some Peter Gabriel for me and I could easily live with it. I don't know any specs and was just dropping by to say hello and price an Accuphase CD player. I think it's going to be a huge seller for McIntosh. It's a great entry into the higher end and if I owned one and wanted to upgrade I would not sell but move to another room or cottage.

I just received mine yesterday, using it in my office rig.  I am very impressed with build and sound quality.  When I get around to it, I will compare it with my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium integrated. 
Can you tell us how long you had to wait for it?

I'm asking because I gave my dealer a deposit for one on Wednesday and he placed my order that day.
I’m most interested In your comparison to a ss amp. Maybe you were prev using a ss amp in your office. I’m using a MA-6500 that produces about 160 watts at 4 ohms and wonder if the preamp tunes in MA-252 produce a fuller warmer richer more detailed sound.  That’s not asking too much, right?