New Massive Attack LP: 100 th Window

Had to purchase this the day it came out...first impression is this is more "poppY" and less dark than "Mezzanine"...any thoughts...Im sure over time I will have formed a better opinion...and since I like the bulk of their material...will have this in my player for some time...
128x128phasecorrect

Showing 1 response by socrates

I tried to like this album, I have played it a dozen times through, but can't connect with it. Mezzanine absolutely is in its own league, one of my favorite albums, and though I don't want another Mezzanine I don't like the way MA has gone, but then again, it's not really Massive Attack anymore, is it? Just a name or label that used to represent a group with amazing talents that have long since parted way.

I thought Tricky's Blowback was a better album then 100th Window, and Blowback is far from Tricky's best in my mind. Craig Armstrongs work, with Tricky Kid also of previous MA fame, have all been outstanding, me thinks, and I would suggest any of his 3 albums over the new MA album. Heck, even Bono of U2 makes a cameo on the Armstrong album, that's worth the price of admission alone!