New Mark Levinson 5805 Firmware Problems

Greetings.  I'm new to this group.  I wanted to share my experiences.  I bought an ML 5805 that was delivered first week of February, 2020.  I updated the firmware to current version 1.47.  Upon doing so, the PCM digital filter choices "disappeared" from the amp menu.  Also missing was the decoding info provided when the Enter button is pressed.

Levinson customer support said no one else had reported this but me and seemed to try to "blame" it on me, asking such questions like, have I had a power outage, has the unit been moved, have I disconnected/re-connected wires, etc.  After being put through the wringer and providing them their requested information, they had me do a Config Restore to the previous firmware.  When I did that, the PCM filters and decoding info returned, but, if I customized ANYTHING in the amp (i.e. startup volume, offset, naming of inputs, etc) the PCM filters and decoding info disappeared again.  At one time, the amp went into Standby Mode and could not be awakened--it had "died."  This inferred to me that both firmware versions have bugs.

So, Levinson and my Raleigh, NC dealer (who has been terrific about this) provided a brand new replacement 5805 today.  The dealer's tech person installed it, updated the firmware, and, drum roll please...the exact same problems occurred with my new replacement 5805.  The dealer's tech said it appeared both firmware versions had bugs.  This so-called luxury amp has worn me out.  I am ready for a refund and a replacement product.  Does anyone have recommendations for a superb-sounding integrated amplifier for around the same price range +/-  $2K to $4K?
paulg24
Sorry you’re having problems with your ML equipment Stuart. Hope you get your music back soon. 
Just a quick update. Over a month later and still no return of the 53. It's been 4 mths and counting. I hope nobody else needs ML equipment serviced. The wait is killing me. 
Stuart, I am sorry to hear about your ML 5805 woes. I had two die on me this year and requested a full refund to apply toward purchase of the ML 585.5.  I recently talked to the manager of my local audio dealer and his store stopped selling the 5805s entirely until Levinson figures out what’s wrong. Locally they had a 1/3 failure rate of all the 5805s sold.  I wish you luck. 
I promised an update on the sick no 53. Dec 11th is a good day. Finally got the amp back from United Radio. Took almost 6 mth wait for repair. I had no idea to expect such a lengthy wait time. Report says replaced dried out cap. Big shout out the Kyla at Jam Industries and Marco at Erikson Consumer for doing all they could and more to help with the repair. Will be a sweeter Christmas for sure because of their efforts on my behalf. 
This is all very disappointing but mirrors my experience with Mark Levinson lately as well. I bought new 523 and pair of 536s a couple of years back and went through 3 different 523s and never got one that worked. My local dealer allowed me to trade up to No52 Ref which worked perfectly but I finally sold and went to tube preamp. One of the 536 monos had an issue with the front led and they swapped it out and those have been good ever since. I have had two more friends buy the same 536s from same dealer recently and they experienced led issue as well. ML seems to really be struggling with quality across the board and their customer service seems to always blame the customer first. When I finally upgrade my amps to something better ... I’ll be done with Mark Levinson for good which is a shame as their new amps,preamps, and Integrated amps are really very good sounding. 
George