New Magnepan 1.7 Owner

Hi guys. I'm the proud owner of really, my first pair of Magneplanar speakers (I only spent a few days with the MG12 and decided to upgrade). I picked up my 1.7's yesterday in the aluminum trim. I will post a review soon.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a few questions about the simplest of upgrades, replacing the tweeter jumpers and fuses.

I need recommendations on fuses and most importantly, where I can purchase them. Also, I don't know much about electronics but I think the value of the fuse is the same as the 1.6 correct? 4A Large Fast Blow?

Also, tweeter jumpers. I have some Audioquest Banana connectors and some Audioquest speaker wire, should I remove the stock jumpers and replace them?

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
audiocr381ve

Showing 2 responses by audiocr381ve

Thanks for the info guys! I've checked out Audio Asylum and that seems to be the place to be. Review coming soon.
Well, I'm making progress, but as of now I am missing my Monitor Audio RS6's.

I'll start with saying I haven't done any mods to the speakers and that my room is supposedly horrid for the 1.7s. It's VERY hard to get these speakers sounding enjoyable if you don't have an adequate room. My MA RS6's are kicking their asses in every respect right now. I've tried 3 different stereo amplifiers, the NAD C272, Rotel RB-1080, and now I'm testing out a pro audio amp, the QSC RMX1450 @ 450wpc @ 4 ohms. Haven't gotten to do much A/B'ing between amps but my initial reaction to the pro amp is a very good and surprising one.

Anyway, I'm pretty much trying to take a Ferrari off roading right now. Next step is diffusion and absorbtion. I'll check in soon.