new Magico speakers the Q5

seen on their Website
clavil

I for one would like to hear the sonic difference of aluminum enclosure compared to horizontal and vertical layers of extremely stiff, laminated, Baltic birch plywood.

Just for fun I recommend reading Romy the Cats site and his views on the Magico mini, the Model 6 and the Magico "press" in general. It's hilarious. Start under general audio.
Roypan,

Please define "real" and "value." Do you refer to intrinsic, inherent or instrumental value? Do you refer to social reality or to some objective reality as Searle distinguishes? Is raw material cost the defining characteristic of any product? What about design costs? What about R&D? What about inefficient R&D and production costs? What about lack of statistical quality control that leads to manufacturing inefficiencies and waste that lead to higher prices for the end user? Input side is a part but intermediary steps very much affect outcomes as does the cost of living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I do believe you tread into philosophical depths beyond your erudition when you castigate others who confound valuation with preference. Perhaps some time understanding the philosophical foundations of perception or the vast and growing neuroscientific research into consciousness, emotion, cognition and valuation/valencing will enable you realize that value and the stuff between ones ears are quite intertwined.

In what way has Magico risen to the top? Of what? Is there a hierarchy of loudspeakers that towers above us into the sky, that is there for anyone in the world to apprehend?
a new thread about new speaker Avalon Time also quite expensive ... a couple of months later 6 responses

a new thread about Magico Q 5 ... immediate and many reactions

is Magico better than Avalon ?

I know quite well the Indra, the Sentinell, the V3 and the minis 2 , I think no one from these 2 companies make compromises about quality ... then it's a question of taste. Avalon properly set up works beautifully for classical music. The Sentinel is just marvelous. I was impressed by the minis 2 but have never heard until now a good set up of the V3 (with all top of Krell & MIT a claustrophobic disaster in my point of view, dry...) I wish I could compare the Sentinel with the M5 or Q5

so why is this hapening? all merit of Jonhatan Valin from TAS or ???

PS by the way the swiss company Piega is building since years all aluminium loudspeakers
Classicjazz,

You can rock the boat anyway you like, and use the words “inefficiencies” as many time as possible in one sentence but I wish you would give those of us who did buy the product some credit. Obviously, the competition to Magico products is quite fierce. I am sure, they would have fail miserably if it was built in such a wasteful way your post is implying, or sound as bad as other here are suggesting. And, yes, apparently there is a hierarchy of loudspeakers that towers above us into the sky, you obviously would not be commenting on the Magico’s, if that was not the case.