New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
The Joseph audio speakers are always among those I enjoy most at shows.  Soundstage imaging and detail always seems uniquely good but they do tend to be smaller than most for the price.   That's a good thing for those with space limitations which is often the case.

I have no clue what use of Graphene accomplishes with a speaker driver.    Is that mostly for marketing appeal?   

The introduction of the new Pearl3 Graphene has garnered many enthusiastic notices.
Here’s one from The Absolute Sound:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rocky-mountain-audio-fest-2019-loudspeakers/
Best sound, cost-no-object:
"I could have gone Vandersteen, Wilson, or YG but my heart kept returning to the Joseph Pearl 3 with Berkeley Audio Design sourcing Doshi Audio power. Even in a smallish room the sound was effortless, and brimming with musicality and warmth. Take my money, please."

Joseph has been demoing versions of the Pearl for years, often garnering among the best-of-show mentions, so it's seems odd that it's never been reviewed anywhere!   I'd really enjoy reading what TAS of Stereophile would say of Joseph's flagship.

The uber expensive Peal 3s seem at first glance to be a luxury redux of the fabled Naim SBL, a design that was decades ahead of its time. A pic here, 
https://www.springair.de/en/naim-sbl/h67133

I'd also add my voice to others who urge patience and care buying used. Buying new seems too risky at these prices. 

Certainly an extended listen as I get nervous whenever I hear a designer state they've lowered the crossover point for the tweeter.

Far, far more problems are caused by too low a crossover point than the other way around. It can do terrible things for the veracity of the male voice for one.

It's always a difficult road searching for magic and it always will be. But as some say, if you keep looking everything comes to those who wait.

Perhaps even a used pair of mint condition Perspectives!

It's looking more like I will have some Perspectives in my early future.Local dealers are selling off their demo models.  I have money left over from selling my Thiel 3.7 speakers and I just listed my MBL 121 monitors.  They literally sold in 5 minutes!

I hope to grab a pair of used Perspective (1s) within the next week, if things go as hoped.  Then the plan would be to upgrade them to the Graphene version when I can.

It really makes you double think your choices when you sell something that quickly!! :D

Erik