New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
It started a Stereophile Class A (lower frequence restricted) speaker. In the follow-up review, John Atkinson concluded, " I recommend it even more highly than I did the original."

@prof My favorite line from the review was "it send shivers down my spine." John Atkinson normally is fairly reserved.

Yes Mark, that whole review was as high praise as I've seen from Atkinson.  He was clearly taken by the speaker.

Funny how even a little tweak can change things.  I bet Jeff Joseph was eager to get the new speaker to Stereophile knowing it was tweaked in just the ways Atkinson would approve of. 

(Not that Joseph did the design just for Stereophile of course).
I would not describe it as a little tweak. The new drivers are something else 

Hello,

I'm hoping to reach Mark Larson or anyone (who like myself), may have owned a pair of the original Joseph Audio Pulsars and now owns a pair of the JA Pulsar 2 Graphene. To those who may be interested, IMHO, the Pulsar 2 Graphene offers a substantial level of improvement across virtually every audible parameter, not the least of which, in the frequency range relative to bass response.

Which leads me to my question. I have a small listening room that currently allows for the speakers to be 2 feet from the back wall. This worked great for the originals, however now with about 25 hours of playing time in, I'm beginning to feel like the Graphenes need a bit more breathing room as they're sounding a little "boomy" on some of the more bass heavy recordings. 

Unfortunately, in my room moving the speakers even a few inches to experiment wouldn't necessarily give me an accurate picture as I would first need to move a rather large piece of furniture in order to compensate for the speakers move forward. Can I expect the bass response to become even more prevalent as they continue to break in? Also interested in hearing from others which regard to where they may have their Pulsars located and their experiences with break-in and placement.

Thank you,

Jay                                   

I have owned the Joseph Audio Pulsars, the original Perspectives and the Perspective2s. I gave the Pulsars to my father-in-law, who has them set up in a small room. I doubt two feet from the back wall is enough. 

They are rear ported. You need to get the bass right first. Try the bass plug, both in and out. I do not use it. Move them forward and then backwards.  Keep adjusting them in this plane.  Once the bass locks in, they should not be boomy.  Then use the Cardas site for sidewall computations. 

If this does not work, call Jeff Joseph.