New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
I always thought JA's reviews of speakers curiously always perfectly reflected his measurements.  I've always been of a mind that he lets his measurements unduly influence his reviews.  After all, it's much easier to justify and defend your observations when measurements back you up.  Me, I'd rather have a reviewer do their listening and form their conclusions before seeing any measurements.  That's what I did because I wanted to give my honest observations without being influenced by what I "should" hear from measurements. 
@astewart8944 I would take one step further. The Joseph Audio speakers respond well to the front end electronics. The better the front end, the better the music. They, however, are not capable, like any other speaker, of a fixing a flawed signal fed to them.

More reports...
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/munich-high-end-2019-loudspeakers/
ABSOLUTE SOUND: "Joseph Audio’s $15k Perspective2 Graphene two-and-a-halfway sourced by a Technics tape deck was, alongside the Elac Carina (see below), the best buy I came across in Munich—just wonderful on an Elvis tape of spirituals and a Wes Montgomery tape as well. The sound was outstandingly solid, edgeless, powerful, and well defined."

So, here's my confusion ... the original JA's got rave reviews as do the new ones. So, does that mean or imply that, comparisons notwithstanding, the originals now are less terrific than they were previously?