New home theater advice?

Many of you have probably seen my posts and might be familiar with my ideas, but here goes. My big case finally came through and I have about 35,000 to spend on a new setup. I will be about 50/50 between listing to audio and dvd/tv play back. Please help me design a system. unfortunately i live in memphis tn and dont have many options as far as dealers go. Please advise me.

Tahnks!!!
marsh

Showing 2 responses by chaskelljr2001

Hello again, Marsh:

I would first like to congratulate you on your recent court victory. Not that I would want to make light on other people's misfortune, but that's what happens in life when we have to go to court to get a handle on a situation or settle a dispute in which we cannot settle ourselves. But anyway, I am glad that things worked out great for you. But anyway, now that you have "a COOL" $35K burning a hole right in your pocket, I am going to attempt to design you an audio/home theater system in which I don't think that neither you nor anyone else won't sneeze at.

Now, as for the system..... if I had $35K to spend, here's the way I would go about it.

Speakers: Aerial Acoustics 10T (front and rears) + Aerial Acoustics CC5 (center channel) + Aerial Acoustics SW12 (powered subwoofer....... x2) -- $3,500.00 + $1,750.00 + $4,500.00 = $13,250.00 (all used)

Power Amplifier: Krell KAV-1500 -- $4,000.00 (used)

Pre/Pro Surround Sound Processor: Krell Home Theater Standard -- $3,000.00 (used)

DVD Player: Pioneer DV-38A -- $1,800.00 (brand new)

Monitor: Sony PFM-42B1 Plasma HDTV Monitor (42-Inches) -- $8,000.00 (brand new)

SACD Player: Sony SCD-777ES -- $1,500.00 (used)

D/A Converter: MSB Link DAC III -- $600.00* (brand new.... for the playback of regular CD's on the Sony SCD-777ES)

And then spend the balance of your budget on cabling and maybe, a PS Audio Power Plant.

This would be a great system to go with for starters. I also like the ideas that the other posters have posted before I have posted my post. They have posted some great ideas to consider in their own right.

And "J_Thunders", it sounds like you may have the right idea about doubling your money. "Vegas" sounds great. But since I live on the east coast, I think I'll opt for Atlantic City. What do you think of Atlantic City as another option??

Anyway Marsh, let us know what you finally decide to go with. Good luck with assembling that "kick ass" system. I think in no time, you'll be enjoying that system. Maybe the next time I am in Tennessee, maybe I'll stop in and we'll check out a flick together.

--Charles--
Marsh:

Oh, by the way, the "*" mark that I have put beside the MSB Link DAC III means it depends on which options (better power supplies, upgraded circuitry, etc....) you decide to go with when (and if) you choose to acquire one.

--Charles--