New high end processor

Hi all, I am in the market for a processor to power My PMC speakers. I currently have a 5.1 system but in the near future it will be expanded to a 7.1 or 7.2 possibly with atmos. I have parasound halo amps. I have been in a holding pattern with a Denon 3400 with which I am not enamored and have yet ot hook up my amps. So, my budget is 5k. I have seen the Marantz 8500, Avm 60 and the Yamaha Cx 5200 on line. I am sure that there are others, and updates for this year? Suggestions?

Thank you
pinto72
The AVM60 and MRX1120 share the same toroidal power transformer = better noise isolation and power distribution over the MRX720 and MRX520 receivers. The AVM60 has a balanced digital section and is truly balanced across all channels on the output stage. All current MRX Receivers and the AVM60 Processor have HDMI 2.0a 4k HDR w/Dolby Vision. 2.0b gives you eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel in this case) and whether that actually gets used will remain to be seen with HDMI 2.1 now on the horizon. If you need to decide whether you can’t live without current eARC compatibility, here’s a good article explaining it:
https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/hdmi-arc-and-hdmi-earc-everything-you-need-to-know
The most complaints we received from Dealers was that we should have priced it at $5000.00 retail instead of $3000.00. :)
It is on sale right now at 20% off till May 31, 2020.

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=avm-60/page=overview

I hope some of this information helps you in your decision making process if you ended up disappointed or decided differently?
Thanks,
Chris
What is with the arrogant, denigrating response to what is a valid question. Yes, we all know that a mere home theater setup is beneath your lofty and self-centered standards, but why not just ignore the question? Personally, I want good sound regardless of whether it is 2 channel or 5.1.
Nitrobob,  did you ever try the Lexicon?  I've also got an 8805, and am eyeballing the Lexicon too.....

Any thoughts?
If OP is using Parasound amps why not a used Parasound JC-2 multi-channel preamp and forget atmos. The John Curl designed JC-2 preamp was A rated by Stereophile. The Blue Book suggests one can be bought for under $2500.

db

Hi,

I live in Canada and I have owned several different processors from Anthem. It's a good solid company and they do make decent product but when I did a direct comparison between the new AVM 60 (on loan) and my Anthem Statement D2v, an older Anthem processor, it was not even close.

I then called Anthem because I was shocked at the results and they were very honest and said that all the parts from the previous $12,000 D2v were hand-picked for quality control and the DAC's were much better in the older D2v. If you do not need some of the newer formats but still want HDMI and are strictly looking for sound quality than the D2v is among the best processors ever built. They can be found for less than $2000 in excellent condition with full ARC systems on the used market.

Cheers and this is my opinion for whatever it's worth.