New Gallo Strata's sound like tin-cans: break-in time problem?

First time Gallo-user. Have been breaking them in according to instructions for approx 80hrs. Amp: ARCAM P49 (200 wpc in stereo mode), pre-amp Sonus Veritas Genoa, Source, ARCAM CD player (2yrs old), connections and wires all Nordost Tyr-or higher level. The new speakers are eating up the P49, I have the pre at full volume, and Strata's output is only slightly above conversation level. And, the sound I'm hearing is just like listening to the music thru tin cans. A friend commented, "these sound like mid-level television speakers".  Is all this due to incomplete break-in, poor speaker orientation, bad system combination, or.....what?  Any ideas are appreciated, as I had great hopes for these speakers.
Many thanks.
maximoam85
Actually, if they were stored in a facility with poor climate control (such as excess humidity) the speaker components might deteriorate over a six year period.
Strada2 has def not a loudness problem. A few watts make them sing loud and clear. 
Issue resolved...I hope.

Vendor has an experience based diagnosis of the problem and replacement speakers are on the way. I know everyone who has contributed is curious so I'll post a conclusive report once the new speakers are up and running in my room.

One conclusion is direct, the problem was not a matter of break-in, as most every contributor has observed. Thanks to all who took the time to provide serious feedback.

-M
knever wrote:
"The 6 moons review talks about using the Stradas on the Mapleshade stands both in a nearfield desktop set up and in a full room set up. I have tried the Mapleshade stands but I prefer the Gallo Floor Stands."

What do you feel is the sonic difference between the Mapleshade stands and the Gallo Floor stands?

I've been running with the Mapleshade stands in a full room setup, but have never gotten the floor stands out of their boxes, never having run an A/B test between the two.