New Gallo Strata's sound like tin-cans: break-in time problem?

First time Gallo-user. Have been breaking them in according to instructions for approx 80hrs. Amp: ARCAM P49 (200 wpc in stereo mode), pre-amp Sonus Veritas Genoa, Source, ARCAM CD player (2yrs old), connections and wires all Nordost Tyr-or higher level. The new speakers are eating up the P49, I have the pre at full volume, and Strata's output is only slightly above conversation level. And, the sound I'm hearing is just like listening to the music thru tin cans. A friend commented, "these sound like mid-level television speakers".  Is all this due to incomplete break-in, poor speaker orientation, bad system combination, or.....what?  Any ideas are appreciated, as I had great hopes for these speakers.
Many thanks.
maximoam85

Showing 2 responses by itzhak1969

"I have the pre at full volume, and Strata’s output is only slightly above conversation level. "
What you're describing is not a matter of break-in something is seriously wrong here it may he a bad sinergy with your system but my suspicion is that they are defected or just inferior speakers with very poor design.
Six years old speakers means nothing .they should work properly regardless the date of the production.