New Dynaudio Heritage Special..?..!

Does anyone know anything about these speakers?
just launched last week.
only 2500 made. $7000 or so in US.
Looks like an old Contour, but has all the components of the Confidence.
sounds like the ultimate monitor.

I have Special 40s and now am envious..😉

anyone hear anything?

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/heritage/heritage-special

ianrmack
Yea but Mr Huff said the Special 40's compete with 10K Speakers....so these must be worth 20K.  Nothing but Hyperbole as always. Enjoy his reviews but he is right up there with Upscale Audio's reviews...take em with a grain of salt.
Of course, Huff makes his money on camera reviews, not audio reviews (and is very open about this).  To equate him with Uncle Kevvy at Upscale is a bit much!  I would say Steve is giving his honest impressions - you can choose whether those impressions match up well with your tastes.

I've heard the Special 40s - these are clearly speakers voiced for a bit of fun - I can see why Huff likes them as he also has some Klipsch Heresy's.  Both have a fun sound.  The Heritage Specials are much more of an audiophile speaker and on a whole different level the S40s...speed of great drivers and first-order crossovers with great parts.  So much to like!
Re. Steve Huff: not so sure he’s a real credible source. I’m sure he’s a nice guy and is well-intentioned. But, in the short 2 months that I have been aware of his “reviewers”:

- he said there is no reason to ever use anything more than a Bluesound Node 2i. Now he has a Lumin U1 mini.

- he said the chord m scaler was the thing that made his rig so good. Then Sold it on audiogon.

- he listens to weird music...😉😂

- his Vinnie Rossi $18k in amp was the best ever...until 2 weeks later he has a Pass 250.

he’s passionate and engaging, but hardly a reference source of objective reviews. He’s just like anyone here- a hobbyist with a keyboard and an internet connection.

that said, I have S40s and am really intrigued the the heritage specials. Basically same size as S40s but better looks and parts.
love that,
Funny, I'd prefer the Heritage Specials in the Special 40 box...all a matter of taste ;)

Better parts, better sound...the still new to me Heritage Specials are just great.  If you are inclined, get them...
It's hard to make a judgement about anything based on what Steve Huff says. He seems to be sincere, but I don't think he realizes yet his own pattern of being in love with being in love with components he reviews, and then proclaiming them to be the best ever...until the next one comes along.