New Dedicated Line - Almost No improvement

Hello,

Newbie here and electrical idiot. Just moved to a new to us house in Tampa. Before we moved in I had an electrician put in a dedicated line (has it's own breaker switch) which is 10 gauge and two Furutech GTX-D outlets - Rhodium.

When I hooked up the EMI meter in my old house, which didn't have a dedicated line, the reading was usually around 26 or so IIRC. At the new house the outlets are 89 usually and the dedicated line is usually around 82 - so not much help for the cost of the "project" and pretty noisy.

Also, when the ac /hvac is running the meter reads about 100 points higher (!) for both the regular outlets and the dedicated Furutechs. Not good.

Thoughts? Does the dedicated line need it's own breaker box? 

I'm also considering a line conditioner but wanted to see what could be done here. Thanks.

laynes

+1 @mijostyn

with unlimited product price target I can design power module for pre/amp/etc to take care of all possible AC power supply issues affecting SQ

If you need to add an additional breaker box make sure your dedicated lines (hopefully you will be adding one for your amp) are wired into the same box… otherwise this may cause a ground loop.  I’ll leave the details of wiring to others. Only, they make a difference… both.

On the spousal acceptance factor. This is definitely something to consider. Personally I would rather put my system in a small room that I control versus a big communal room. Treatments and careful choices can make a system sound amazing in a large closet… but a really expensive system can end up sounding not so good when placement is compromised and treatments (especially something like lots of windows) cannot be installed. 

Did you really think a dedicated line would make an improvement ?

Properly designed electronics INTERNALLY has all the necessary filters & mechanisms necessary to generate a good enough & acceptable DC.  Nothing external is needed.

The only requirement from the mains is that it is reasonably sinusoidal so the transformers work properly, and the voltage stays within a reasonable range.

Unless you are driving synchronous motors, even the frequency deviation does not matter so much, as long as the frequency does not drop below a number which causes the transformers to heat up.  Besides, not even the WORST mains supply in any country does not have fluctuating frequency to such a degree.

Inverter systems sound as different as anything.....here is one that will blow your mind.......incredible sound....everything you do makes a difference...even how an inverter is mounted.

http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Inverter_Power.html

On come on @westcoastaudiophile , you don’t need and unlimited budget. The average audiophile product includes more than enough budget to implement an adequate power supply. The issues are often not the power supply at all or just require good design practices, not even a lot of cost.

How are you finding those Ampere Time batteries @ricevs ??  Saw them on Amazon. They seemed at the time a bit lower cost than others but not much difference between the brands. I have built up my own 24V batteries for my big boat using 200aH LiFeP04 3.2V cells, and an off the shelf BMS. Too many BMS failures. I wanted something that in a pinch I could bypass in and keep operating.  Been looking for some 100Ah or 200Ah for the fishing boat.