New DAC or New Streamer or New Streamer/DAC

Curious what people would think is the biggest bang for the buck?

1)  Auralic Aries G1 Streamer with current Pass Labs D1 DAC (Aries would replace current Auralic Aries mini)
2)  Lumin T2
3)  Auralic Aries mini (I have this now) and Denafrips Terminator

All thoughts welcome.  Thanks
acurus

Showing 2 responses by mgrif104

Acurus: I have the Aries G2 streamer (I do run Roon off a Mac mini for library management) and have found it to be very stable. I’ve yet to have it crash or not find the device.  That said, I’m hooked up via Ethernet as opposed to wireless.  Perhaps that’s the difference.  Or, it could be that some router incompatibility is causing you grief.  I had that issue when running a Bluesound Node 2 wirelessly in this system (before I got the G2).  
It’s possible Lumin is more stable in all environments, but it’s also possible there’s a culprit to your crashes that can be sleuthed out.  I have to say I’m pretty happy w/ the sound of the Aries G2.  I compared it to my Aurender N100H, the Bluesound Node 2, and a lumin mini.  It handily eclipsed all three of those units.
Best,
Acurus: I’m using the DAC built into my NAD M12 Pre/DAC.  It’s a decent DAC though I’ll consider an upgrade at some point. 

Best - and good luck.  Wish I could offer a better suggestion as to what the issue might be.