New CDP

Interested in replacing my Oppo 103. 

Budget is $5K.

Not interested in separate transport and DAC.

Will consider CDP only and also CD/SACDP.

tomcarr
facten

@mihorn -- Maybe I missed it but where in the videos are the A/B comparisions within the same systems with the same recordings between the high end digital components and your modified Oppo?

1) I know what I fix and change in Oppo to reduce the glare and veil sound. It is so much work.

2) Anyone can hear that Wavetouch videos have no glare and veil. However, I haven’t heard any other system (at shows or anywhere) and any video that don’t sound glare and veil.

3) Below videos are recorded with a same camcorder on same day at same hotel. Many rooms are in same size and condition.

In below video, the human voice is natural and clear after the music played which is bright and veiled sounding.

In below video. The sound of human voice is natural, but audio sound is something else.

In below video, the human voice is perfect without any audio sound. As soon as there is audio sounds, my ears are ringing and eyes see bright/glare.

In below video (modded Oppo, the same recorder, same day, same hotel), the human voice and audio sounds are in same page. This was 8 months ago. My audio system is refined completely now (in my latest videos).

Alex/Wavetouch

@mihorn - Once again, different systems, different music, different setups, different rooms , who can tell what is causing the differences. And, not sure what anyone is to make from your last video example as there is a preponderance of back and forth talking. I'm done though with going back and forth with you as it is taking from the Op's thread

I am familiar with the Denon that was suggested upstream and it’s a fine player.  I have the Bryston DC3 and I believe the Bryston CDP uses the same DAC.  I would also try Hegel.  
 It warms my heart that no one has told the OP he should get a streamer…

Technics came out with the MkII version of the SL-G700. That would be my choice

tomcarr

Pick up an AYRE cd player. Your ears will be rewarded.

Happy Listening!