New Cartridge Suggestions

Help.  I’m way too new to ferret thru the myriad of cartridges. I received a George Warren turn table in Feb.  It has a Denon DL-110 on it. I’m getting a new Jolida JD-9 for Christmas because my Denon AVR-4806 doesn’t quite cut it & seems to leave a veil over some of the music.

The little neighbor kid started playing with the tt & bent the stylus.  As I read, the cost to replace the stylus is a wash because something needs to be rebuilt before a stylus can be out on.  So, I might as well replace it.

I don’t know of any places north of Chicago to audition new cartridges.  My budget is very stretched at $500-I expected to only be getting to the phono preamp.  
1) Does anyone know of a place in N/NW Chicago or suburbs to shop a cartridge?
2) is there anything on Audiogon that people would recommend?

I tend to like things a tad bright.
Please don’t critique what I have or give suggestions to replace X & Y & Z.

Thank you again for your guidance.
tochsii
Hanna buyers should watch factory tour first.
Does not look very impressive, expecially their test equipment with destroyed Victor tonearm. Also their products they made before returned to the cartridge manufacturing business. Excel Sound - the manufacturer of Hanna, made so many cartridges for various different brands in the 70’s and in the 80’s, one of the best was mid 80’s Argent with Boron, Sapphire and Diamond cantilevers.
You should try Music Direct. They are on the North side of Chicago west of Ashland and North of Foster. When I lived there they were always very helpful and never pushed me into something I could't afford.
To do a rough audition of cartridges online, go to youtube and look for myvinylobsession and also look for Bob Wood.
Listen with good headphones!
If you are looking for bright, look at the Audio Technica line, which was just refreshed with new models. I would choose a cartridge with a Nude Elliptical or a Line Contact stylus, whatever your budget will allow. Make sure you study up on Cartridge Alignment to help with your new cartridge install. Go to vinylengine.com for many useful tips and tools. Good Luck!
VM540ML from Audio-Technica is a great value. One of the best sounding cartridges I’ve heard by a long shot. 
@chakster, I don’t quite understand your post. Are you for or against the Hanna carts? It was that video that got me looking into the Hana line and they are at the top of my list when I buy my TT as I understand they are hard to beat for the money.