New Cambridge 540 vs. Used Music Hall CD25

Considering picking up one of the close-out Cambridge 540C players from audioadvisor (the older model, not the new v2) for $275. Or, I have found the Music Hall CD25 for about $300 used (again, not the new 25.2 or 25.5 or whatever they call it). Curious to hear any opinions on which route I should go. Spend the little bit extra for a used, but higher-end, model? Play it safe with new? One thing I have noticed - I see all sorts of talk about mod'ing the Music Hall, but none with the Cambridge. Maybe Music Hall offers more options down the line?
Thanks!
Ben
benbrew

Showing 1 response by photon46

In response to a couple of points. I've owned theCambridge CD4se & the 640c. The build quality of the newer Cambridge is better than the previous models. The CD4se did have problems, half the display quit functioning. The only quirk I had with the 640 was an occasional loss of audio while reading a burned cd-r. It would stop in the middle of a track, but if I'd restart the track it would play fine. Perhaps media related?? The 640 made a really good transport for the money.