about 900 watts of juice each side.   My Revel ultima 2 Salons are very hungry
Has anyone heard these.   Only 3k each

128x128blueskiespbd
Hmmmmmm.    Now you are scaring me a little
These speakers I believe are presenting a 6 ohm
load so would that be a somewhat dangerous
risk?   I am not a technical guy and do not want
to consider this if it could damage my expensive speakers

6 ohms is fine, as speaker impedance dips go... and the dynamic impedance of any speaker is naturally all over the place.

The spec sheet in pdf says it all.

the transformer is a 1700va rated unit.

the maximum power draw is 1820va when in stereo mode, with 600 watts per channel continuous at 4 ohms. that’s the max power of the unit, that’s the rating of the transformer. The 1700v rating is an average long term thermal rating, as it is for all AC power transformers.

Dynamically, all transformers can handle higher intermittent short term dynamic loading, as in with bass transients. It’s just that the long term continuous loading is the ’toaster’ load rating. Ie, where the heat will go up to unsustainable levels.

The unit draws less power at 1000 watts mono at 8 ohms. 1330va....but the power draw will rapidly increase as you demand more power at lower impedance at 6 ohms.

The reality is that we rarely draw any real power continuously but mostly hit high power draw in peaks...

It should physically work, but how well, sound quality wise... is up to your testing/listening and how you feel about it.

It appears to be as if you would be stacking or bridging a pair of already bridged amps? Each channel is already a bridged design?

They are not giving you the slew rate, as that would generally be a dead give away if it is a balanced bridged design or not. Nor does my quick scan mention any thing about whether the grounds or negative terminal for the speakers is sensitive to being cross connected.

450 watts per channel into 8 ohms, tends to be saying it is a balanced/bridged design for each channel already, so I think you would be stacking balanced/bridge channels. Probably should not be run below 8 ohms (nominal) as speaker loads go.

You really need to look at your speaker’s impedance curves carefully. If the dip truly does not go below 6 ohms, then it might be fine.

Essentially, there is no assurance of anything for anything.

https://revelspeakers.com/productdetail/~/product/salon2.html

If this is your speaker, the impedance specs say it’s probably not a good idea.

Fine in stereo mode, though.

Hello Teo
Thanks for the detailed information.   I don’t understand everything you said...balanced bridge, grounds etc but these observations to date are throwing cold water on my possible plans.  The speaker you reference is in fact the
ones I have.  Perhaps the old Aragon Palladium
monos I have will be hard to beat without spending mega dollars ?
You could find someone competent with a history who can do a modification/upgrade of the palladiums, a minimal cost upgrade.

That may be a way of getting toward what you want without spending much at all.
cleaning up an amplifier can cause the dynamics we desire to come out of hiding from the noise the amplifier produces in sync with the signal. After all, this is what they are doing.
found this:" Plastic Binding Post outputs; replaced with CARDAS binding posts. Runs class A to 125 watts; generates a fair amount of heat. "
If this is true of the amps you have, then the heat will have by now wreaked havoc with the small electrolytic capacitors in the unit and its sound is going to be sub par from when new.