New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24

Showing 7 responses by bdp24

Me too @rx8man, but only $69.95 for an 8' pair! I have the receipt, perhaps a close-out price? I still have the cables.

The percentage argument is a common one, but ignores an important issue. A $100 cable is 10 times the price of a $10 one, the dollar amount of that difference being $90. A $1,000 cable is also 10 times the price of a $100 one, but the dollar amount of THAT difference is $900. The $90 and $900 dollar amount of difference bear the same percentage relationship to each other as do the prices of the two groups of cables, but my opinion is the $810 difference makes the cases quite different.

I have no idea how much a system would need to cost to make a single $24,000 cable proportionately justifiable. And that assumes the cable's price is proportionate to it's sound quality, a mighty big assumption. 

@wcfeil---Ha! Yeah, imagine 8 or 10 feet of such precious wire. I'll take a pair of Shotgun, doubled for twice the goodness.
I’m wondering if the price is a reflection of manufacturing costs, or Matthew Bond's perception of how much the market will bear.
Maybe it's price is partially a result of the wire being non-directional. Drawn reeeaaal slowly through the die. Time is money, after all. ;-). I have trouble thinking of even a single pair being sold, but Bond has been at this a long time. I still have a set of his Time & Space Phase II speaker cables, which were a budget/bargain-priced cable back in the 90's.