Network Switches

david_ten
Ah… my bad. My guess is that will depend on the power requirements for the modem and router. They all vary broadly 
@thyname
@david_ten is correct. I wasn’t clear but I am talking about the modem and router.

Here’s the chain:
Brick Wall power conditioner > iFi 12v power supply (2) > modem and router > 50 ft. Ethernet cable (generic) > EtherREGEN with LPS-1.2 > PS Audio DSD Jr. bridge > LTA MZ2 > Halo A21 > Tekton DI

Planning on getting a .5 meter Platinum Starlight 8 Twinax Ethernet cable as well.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

@treebeard1, 

I highly recommend Supra CAT-8 LAN cable over WireWorld. This is a great sounding cable for the money. Send a message to the seller for 0.5m and he will be happy to oblige. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supra-CAT-8-ETHERNET-cable-1-meter-Made-In-Sweden-THE-BEST-FOR-NETWORK-AUDI...
@lalitk 
I was planning on testing that one out as well. For the price I’d be crazy not to.
@treebeard1

I have, in the past, used Sonore and Uptone products in my chain.

Though I am using a linear power supply on my Modem and Router, I cannot answer your question definitively "with the EtherRegen downstream" since I do not have one in my chain.

Linear power supply reviews and owner feedback are consistent in pointing out a lower noise floor, greater transparency, and overall improvements in sound quality across most descriptors.

Given the length of your generic LAN cable run (50 feet) I believe you will achieve better results by doing the following:

Step 1.  Forgo the LAN cable run by adding a Mesh Router Satellite close to your audio system / EtherRegen.

Modem > Router >>> WiFi to  >>> Mesh Router / Satellite

This will isolate and separate your primary Modem and Router from the audio section of your system.

Step 2. Use a linear power supply on the Satellite.

Step 3. Add a short run of a high quality LAN cable from the Satellite to your Ether Regen.

There are many decent, low cost linear power supplies. I use the HDPlex for my less critical accessories. Something along the lines of HDPlex, etc. will deliver results. However, in your application I suggest going with a higher quality linear power supply.

I use the Keces P8 Ultra Low Noise linear power supply. There are other options, but most come in at a higher cost. If you want to spend less, then consider the Keces P3.

The above approach will deliver a significant return on your investment and effort. There are a couple of additional steps you can take that are additive to the above. Those can be saved for later.

I am curious how many are using an LPS on the modem and router (I have both) and what the result has been. I have heard this can be a significant improvement but I'm not sure how significant those gains would be with the EtherREGEN downstream.

Brick Wall power conditioner > iFi 12v power supply (2) > modem and router > 50 ft. Ethernet cable (generic) > EtherREGEN with LPS-1.2 > PS Audio DSD Jr. bridge > LTA MZ2 > Halo A21 > Tekton DI