NETGEAR Powerline Adapter 2000 Mbps

Forced to bring my internet connection upstairs via this contraption to enable my music server to access metadata and function.  No, I cannot do it wirelessly.  

At first I thought I had witnessed nothing short of Black Magic as the signal works flawlessly with the server.  Then the reality of a 60Hz unslayable entity entered the realm.  I’m temporarally running Quad 12L active monitors.  Unplugging one monitor kills the hum completely in the remainig monitor.  Quads are on the same wall circuit as the Netgear.  Any ideas on how to slay the beast would be appreciated.  Thanks
celtic66
Glad you got that resolved....  the convenience plug on the PL was the first thing I checked.   The PL is a great device, maybe it was just not playing nice with the home's wiring..I gave it to my son for his game console so at least it's not colle ting dust.
oddiofyl

Thanks for info.  I did solve my problem by not using the integrated plug provided by the Netgear unit as that was the guilty party introducing the weird interference.
Hi

Just wanted to warn against using the Netgear powerline 2000...i used it for a while with great results.... then recently I had a problem with a weird noise that sounded like a bad/ noisey tube.   So after some troubleshooting I discovered the Netgear PL 2000 was injecting noise into the system .  Even when I switched to an analog input on my pre the noise was present.    I unplugged the Ethernet cable from my Vault 2i and noise disappeared, its dead quiet .

I am now using a Linksys AC1200 wireless bridge and everything is dead quiet with both Vault 2i and BluRay player.
Can you reverse the situation-unplug the other speaker and see if the hum is gone?
It sounds like one speaker may have a ground fault.
B