Neil Young - Guitarist

We all know Neil for his outstanding songwriting skills and some may even recognize his talents with a guitar but is he underrated? in 2015 Rolling Stone ranked him as number 17 of 100 greatest guitarists of all time. Can anyone pull more raw emotion out of a guitar than Neil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijrkKNZRIfM
128x128falconquest
Finnaly something I can contribute to you all. I thought I was a 63 year old expert regarding music. Learning so much, but here is a Neil Young story. Seen CSN & Young about 12 years ago in Milwaukee. I paid big bucks to be close to the stage. Picked the 12th row over the 2nd row for the same price. $750.00 for the two tickets. First time seeing one of the most influential groups that shaped and addicted me to the joys of music. Near the end of the show they played some of their individual stuff. Neil did Rocking in the Free World, still can see his rocking back and forth style. He ended up finishing the song with only 3 strings, just fricken nuts. That show broke down to about $3.00 a minute, the best money I ever spent. Thanks to you all for your valuable info regarding gear. Here is a good one, one of my Infinity Kappa 8's was sounding funny the other day, I first checked the speaker cable, and I go what is this wire, turned out to be electrical cord, pulled out the Infinity Manuel and it said that wire is fine for a 12' distance. I had some Audioquest Cable that I hooked up. A whole new experience. Running a reworked Thorens TD 160, Adcom GFA 555 II, and a B&k PT -3 which I just got to replace my Adcom GPT 500 II that just started a balance problem. Ordered a new NAD in box C 165BEE for a little under $800.00 with shipping. 
I haven't seen the list (of course ;-), but I'm going to guess Danny Gatton isn't on it. Danny who?
If I may add--though I like his playing, I don't know if Neil would make my top 100
Listening to some Cat Stevens. Jim Croche next. Bkth very good. Didn't see the list but Tommy Emmanuelle has to be on there. He is rediculously good. Saw him a couple months ago and was simply amazed. He plays rhythm and lead at the same time. How is that even possible? 
Neil Young's guitar ability is severely hampered by his political views.
We saw CSN&Y at Bethel Woods some years back and the group was still quite good and in tune with each other. Sadly toward the end Neil Young began with his political tirade and turned off a very large segment of the audience that got up and left.
I have not bought a copy of Rolling Stone in years but am quite surprised RS didn't list him much higher given their political views are well matched.