Need your opinion on NADC320 BEE, please

Hi, While I have been searching for a better Integrated amp to replace my NADC370;I saw a couple post and short review stating that NADC320 BEE;is sounding even better than NAD C370(TAS latest report). I just wonder have anyone has actual comparitive listening experiences on them? and in what sonic aspects does the lower wattager beat the lots higher wattager ?? On second thought-if the C320BEE does sounding better;then I would get it to replace the Preamp section of my C370 while retaining the benefit of having more power to drive my spkr. My systems-Quadral Ascent850-89dB floorstander;Analysis Plus Oval 9 spkr cable;TruthLink IC(harmonic tech). PS:the reason I like to replace the C370 is it started to sound grainy when the volume is close to 9 o'clock position(I need this sound level to play full orchestral music such as Mahler;s,Bruckner;s symphony).
your opinion and suggestion is highly appreciated and thanks in advance
Simon
simonleemd

Showing 1 response by kotta

Hello Simon. I've owned quite a few int. amps over the years
and I believe what you're trying to achieve (less grainy sound) will only be accomplished by buying something more refined...higher-end SS equipment. Many fine int. amps to choose from...Audio Refinement, Bryston, Sim audio, Plinius etc,. If you want to try something different, try a hybrid
int. amp. Recently I purchased a little 30w. Jolida 301. This retails for $350 and sounds IMO absolutely fantastic. Sounds great w/the stock tubes, but if you want it to sound even better put some NOS tubes in, you'll be amazed! Nad is very fine but if you want to go to the next level, you'll have to buy higher end SS equipment (more $$$) or
give a hybrid int. amp a try. The reason the 320 Bee may sound different than the 370 might have to do w/the signal to noise ratio of the two amps. Bill