Need to buy used integrated about 800 dollars

I have a NAD c372, whose power capacitors shorted.
This issue is a known potential problem within a certain production period.
United Radio in Syracuse currently has it for repair approval, their tech also stated that they were familiar with the issue.
The cost is about four hundred dollars to replace the four capacitors at about 50 dollars each plus labor.
I have come to expect even modest solid state units to last well over 10 years, but I con't feel confidant regarding this unit.
I see here, at Audiogon, a number of used integrateds under $1,000 that may be a better choise.
Whatever unit I end up with will be used to monitor in a studio mastering room. In other words, normal program material as opposed to tracking/recording where possible danage to equipment can happen from sudden high level sources.
Signal chain is computer files out, to pro audio sound card, to Benchmark DAC1 to whatever integrated I end-up with to a pair of Von Schweikert VR-2.
I would apprediate thw advice of the knowledgeable folks here, thank you.
phil
zetaviolin

Showing 1 response by jlaprad

I would agree with Schiss I have both (an adcom GFP-555 II & GFA-555 combo), yet If you can find a Dussun 6Vi (I'm using now as just a power amp) It is a tank that's driving my theil 2.2s.