Need tips re:Michell Gyro SE setup & tweaking

Hi
I would appreciate your help in providing some tweaking tips to help me optimize Michell's performance.My previous table was Rega P25 and i'm trying to achieve the comfort level i had with it but i am not there yet.I have a Rega RB 600 arm with Shelter 501 II,Expressimo counterweight with inner spring disabled.I also upgraded to HR power supply ($900 for something that looks like $59=99)
I have a few questions:
1.Should i put coupling discs under Michell cone shaped feet
2.Should i try any mats?
3.Will upgrading to Orbe 6cm acrylic platter reduce the brightness that i currently have?
4.Should i risk enlarging the armboard for this new Vee-Tuff ($149=99) gadget that allows VTA adjustments while playing music?
5.Is it worth shelling out for a Pedersen mod and where can i get it from?
6.Is it better to level the platter with rotating spring adjustment or by rotating conical feet?
Any other suggestions and tweaks re:Michells optimising would be greatly appreciated.
overhang

Showing 1 response by sunnyboy1956

Overhang:
Congratulations on an excellent turntable. I have had a Michell Gyro in various incarnations in my system for nearly two and a half years and it has ignited the vinyl passion in me.I started with the Michell Gyro SE, upgraded to a Gyrodec which in the last 6 months has become an Orbe.Fretless and Audiogalore are spot on in their advice and response to your questions. IMHO, the Orbe platter makes a bigger difference than the PSU. You get a tighter, cleaner bottom end with the Orbe platter. Was using the Expressimo weight with a Rega RB1000 and was very happy with it. I can't really comment on the Technoweight as I have no experience of it.
A small and inexpensive tweak you could try, especially as you have some unwelcome highs is to wrap ordinary cotton wool around the springs. There should be enough cotton wool tightly wrapped around the knurled spring adjusters so that the bounciness is reduced. The best part is that if you don't like the result, its easy to undo. IMHO there is a significant improvement.
Happy listening and Enjoy