Need Suggestions For Wall Mounted Speakers

I'm finally getting ready to go out and look for some smaller speakers for my long-neglected bedroom system. As there is really no logical location to place the speakers on stands, I'm going to replace the current wall mounted Audiosource speakers with something better sounding.
The room is apporx. 16 feet X 12 feet, with an 8 foot ceiling. Being a McIntosh fan, I'm going to be using a MC7100 amp, and will soon be replacing the Adcom GTP-350 Tuner/Preamp with more McIntosh gear. I would like to keep the budget for these speakers under $900.00; but might go a bit more for the right sounding speaker.
As the speakers will be placed fairly close to the wall, I suspect any speaker with a rear port is just going to sound much too bass heavy to be considered. All suggestions will deffinately be appreciated.
avideo

Showing 1 response by jd798ff8

I have a pair of ACI Emeralds in my family room. They are rear ported, but I've found them to work great on small shelf mounts that hold them about 2" from the wall. These little devils are extremely musical. Great detail, transparency and pace. Yet they are never fatiguing. Can listen for hours. Last but not least, they look pretty cool and ACI is a great company to deal with.