Need suggestions for streaming files to my stereo

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a way to stream files (AAC, ALAC, FLAC) to my home stereo. The files are on my PC laptop, or on iTunes on my iPhone etc. I pretty much exhausted my budget on my power amp and speakers so Im looking for the best budget pieces I can afford to get the music flowing for now. I currently have Kef ks50s, a Red Dragon S500, a SMSL Sanskrit, and a Google Chromecast Audio.   I'll likely pick up a Schiit SYS preamp. 

With this current setup I can only pretty much stream Pamdora, since Itunes won't work with the CCA.   It's looking like the lowest cost option available is to use different software to handle the music files such as JRiver, or PowerDVD Ultra, but I'm unsure if this is the best way?  Any other ideas, software, hardware etc?  I have an insanely low budget of around $200 left to buy the rest, let's see what you guys can think of. 
autre
Thanks everyone. There's a lot to think about. I'm glad there is a number of solutions for my situation. For the Bluesound and Auralic suggestions: yes that is an option I looked at but it's too much for now. Perhaps down the line I'll pick one up. 

Using the CCA would be nice since I already have it but it's not a fine deal. I also realize that it does have only 24/96 capability. But using just that plus software is very tempting and the lowest cost route. 

I admit Im a little intimidated by the Raspberry PI but it sounds very promising. I'm guessing it's not as difficult as it sounds?  I also saw on another forum that Logitech Music Server is another good software to use?

Apple tv would also be very easy to do but since it doesn't work with hi-res music, and it doesn't allow for external drives, that may be off the table since I'd like to try using hi-res files from say HDtracks. 
The problem with using Logitech Media Server is how much longer is it going to be a viable option?  Logitech stopped supporting it a few years ago.  It is open source, and the people over at Slim Devices have kept developing it.  As time goes by, and there are fewer and fewer people using Squeezeboxes, the development is going to drop off.  So, how much longer do we have? 5 years?  Maybe 10?  The original Squeezebox debuted 16 years ago.  One good thing is that Logitech has the SlimServer up and running.

So, if you want to try something free and cheap, then you could use your CCA with LMS.  Just keep in mind that eventually it's going to become an orphan product.  Though, based on home much money you would have invested, it's really not that hard to move on.

The problem with all these Players/Options is that things are just moving too fast.  You buy into a Streaming Ecosystem, and in a few years, something better, easier, faster comes along that supports even more services and better sounding/higher quality audio formats.  The question is when do you jump on the Merry-Go-Round?  Who long do you stay on, before jumping onto another ride?  Enough with being cynical...........

The latest build of LMS is: 7.9.1-1502265250.
The last version supported by Logitech is: 7.7.5

This is why I am so glad we have this forum!  Thanks prpixel, I wasn't aware of the status of LM service. Yup I don't think I'll be going that route. And yes I thoroughly agree with your assessment of the mercurial nature of technology. It is wonderful on one hand but extremely costly on the other. That's the other reason I don't want to drop too much on those pieces. 

Ull investigate the Raspberry option more. Any more suggestions from everyone? 
Apologies if my description made the Pi solution sound intimidating. Here are the parts you need if you go this route and want to use a Hifiberry Digi+ to connect the Pi to your stereo's DAC using either TOSLINK or SPIDF.

- Raspberry Pi 3B (other versions may work, but depending on the version, you could lack sufficient processing power to stream 192/24, or you may lack desired network capabilities, etc. With the 3B, you will have no trouble)

- A 5V DC power supply with a micro-USB connector that supplies at least 2A of current (I use the iFi Power 5V version, which includes a micro-USB tip)

- Hifiberry Digi+ or Digi+ Pro (it will come with all of the small parts necessary to connect the Hifiberry board to the Pi -- no need to buy any others assuming you use one of their enclosures). 

- An enclosure for your Pi/Hifiberry device (Hifiberry makes several that are sized properly, https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/ , although the cases can also be purchased from other sellers, including Amazon I believe)

- A micro-SD card, which you will use to install an operating system on your Pi (the OS will be used to play music). The RPi 3B has a micro-SD slot, so once the OS is installed on the card, you will insert it into the slot and simply leave it there.

The hardest part will be installing the OS on your micro-SD card. Follow these instructions:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/

If you have decided to get a Hifiberry board in order to add TOSLINK/SPIDF outs, be sure to choose an OS that supports it. I know that Moode and Roon both support it. I can't say for sure whether other OSes support. 

If you go with Moode, here is documentation to configure it to work with the Hifiberry once it has been installed on an SD card.
https://www.hifiberry.com/build/documentation/moodeaudio-installation-and-configuration/
Be advised, however, that this documentation makes no mention of configuring the RPi to work on your network. My advice is after completing Step 8, wait a few minutes for your Pi to reboot and then return to Steps 4 and 5. This time, Instead of clicking "Audio" (step 6), click "Network" and make the necessary changes so that the Pi connects properly to your network. At this time you can also disable unnecessary components (e.g. Bluetooth adapter, wireless network adapter if you are connected with ethernet cable)

I hope I demystified this solution somewhat. Again, good luck!

Lastly, @prpixel is absolutely correct that there are also many other small kits available that can serve the same function as the Pi, if this still sounds intimidating.
Autre,

I think you misunderstood my previous post.  I wasn't advocating against using LMS, I was just pointing out that it is not a long term solution.  And, with only $35 invested in a CCA, it's not really that big a deal if it stops working in 5-10 years.  I'm sure by then, you'll have saved up enough to move on to something else.  LMS can run on just about any computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux.  So, if you have an old laptop or PC sitting around the house, put it to use.  After all, if you don't like it, the most you loose is a few hours of your time.

Let me explain what the SlimServer is.  It's a Server, maintained by either Logitech or Sean Adams, that hosts. mysqueezebox.com.  Mysqueezebox.com allows Squeezebox users to do two things.  First, it allows you to use you Squeezebox for Internet Radio, Pandora, etc without having to install LMS on a local computer; it stores your account info.  Second, it provides the clock information for the clock screensaver.  So, if Logitech were to shut it down, then you would need LMS running on a local computer to use these services.  I believe that most Manufactures of Streaming devices maintain a Server to store basic account info.  I know that Sonos, Google, Amazon, Play-Fi, Hoes and Bluesound all do.  At least, all the different units that I've tried/own do.  Since the CCA would only be using LMS to "serve" your music library, then you'll never have to use Mysqueezebox.com.

On a side note, you don't have to use LMS to "serve" your music.  There are many other software choices such as Kodi, Plex, BubbleupPNP, etc that do the same thing.  It all just depends on your comfort level with setting them up.

Finally, thanks to Thunder240 for providing the instructions for the Raspberry Pi.  You don't actually need the HifiBerry card because you will not be plugging any audio devices directly into the Pi.  Complete kits can be purchased on Amazon for $70 with a 32GB memory card.  You will also need an external USB drive to hold you music files.  A 1TB drive can be purchased for around $60.  Keep in mind that the Pi only has 1GB Ram and is pretty slow, but perfectly fine for a server.  A Intel NUC5CPYH kit or a Gigabyte GB-BXBT-2807 kit with 4GB Ram and 128GB SSD or 1TB mechanic drive can be had for around $200.  You would have to add an OS.  Windows 10 can be purchased on Ebay for about $60.  If you want to go with something a little bigger, then a  HP ProDesk 400 G3 Mini - I3 6100T Reburb can be purchased for less than $300 with Win10 and 500GB drive though I really recommend an SSD.  

I hope then Thunder and I are not confusing you with all the options,