Need suggestions for a $1500 used system for my daughter.......

She just purchased her first house and she wants good sounding music playing soon! Yes, it seems I influenced her. 100% Tidal streaming. I will make all cabling for her. Small floor-standers or book shelf speakers.   Can be separates or an all in one. Needs to have a nice smooth and warmish sound.  She dislikes top end sizzle or bite. Full bodied sound is needed! Can be tubes, but only small signal tubes .... no power tubes.  Ok Agoners please offer me up some killer options! Most likely used with my small budget, but who knows?! Thanks in advance. 
128x128grannyring

Showing 1 response by asvjerry

@larry5729, I think @grannyring's already 'chipping in'....;)

I'd vote for the little Maggie's, but it's not my $...*s*

Just a thought...a a/v receiver with Bluetooth can give the young lady a lot of options.  Doubtless she already has a cellphone, perhaps a laptop.

The first, what she already may be totting around; the 2nd, Everything Else.  There's some decent eq apps available online to be able to ignore the tone controls on the receiver.  She could even dabble with 'active room eq' with a mic into the laptop.

Does she own CD's?  I'd bet so....  Interested in LP's?  Perhaps an entry TT?  Where would She like to go?

'Audiophiles are 'grown', and shouldn't be cloned. *S*

(That way, she can 'come here', to AG....step on your toes, and Punch Back. *LOL*)

Good luck with your generous gift, Gran. ;) *hug*