Need speaker suggestion for a larger room!

OK, out there - here's my situation:  I'm a Hi-Fi guy that goes back to 1952 - Brooke, Meisner, Mc C-1, etc.
Stayed with the good stuff - Mc., H H Scott, Marantz up until transistors took over in the mid-60's. 
One thing an another, I drifted from serious audio in the mid-80's and watched improving TV (!).

At an advanced age (84), wife and I are crawling back: Got a refreshed C-34 and MC7250 for signal
and a pair of decent M/L Ascents for transduction. LOVE the mid-range spacial effect!  Bass, mid and low,
is disappointing. 
For your consideration: Room is 26'L x 20'W x 8'H (4100+ cu. ft.) and "live"( some carpet and upholstered furniture), but much reflective wall area (glass) on either side; No help on opposite wall.
Unfortunately, aesthetics play a role: Speaker cabinet must be cream, black, or silver (!). 
I'm a fan of Tannoy sound, if this helps (used to own a pair of 12' Silvers WAY back), but their cabs are all
Walnut, or similar. Also, don't need to go to 18 Hz - We're in a condo - so an HONEST 30 cps is perfect.
Music pref: Classical, 20's and pre- 60's jazz, Piano ensembles + vibes,  Blue Grass, Tannoy demo CD's (!)

I'm hopeful some of you up-to date folks will help us uncover a few good speakers options. Our budget:
no more than $7,000.00.  Oh - and good used examples are just fine. Probably preferred, given our budget!

Thanks a lot for whatever you can share!
Bo

128x128broockies
The MC-75 will be glorious if restored..
Mike Samra in Michigan gets a ton out of them as well as vintage HK tube gear.....

I’m using Golden Ear Triton Ones in a room about the size as yours. With front and side firing woofers they convey the hall ambiance of classical music very well.  They are easy to drive, since they have built-in 1500 watt woofer amps. 
Two newer models are also available in your price range.
good luck!

Broockies, my Tannoys work quite well with very disparate amp designs. I've used them with VAC PA 35.35, Plinius SA 100, Aragon 3002, and now Class D and an SET 300B. All have well, the last (and current) mentioned amps sounding the best out of all of them. The SET 300B is magical, the Class D is that with greater dynamics and better bass response.

Regards,
Dan 
Pardon the tardy response. My thanks to all that have responded. 
I'm at a loss which way to turn, as there were so many different
suggestions. The most intriguing was from sbank. Does a fairly live room devalue cone or horn speakers? I would think bi-polars
would suffer due to refections. I gather Tannoys shouldn't be
considered.
Best to all,
Bo