Need speaker cable

Hello everyone,

I am a regular reader of forum, but it’s my first post. I use odyssey cyclops integrated amp and Maggie 1.7i speakers. So far I have been using a Basic 12 gauge speaker wire. I am looking at buying a speaker cable and my budget is around $500. Please let me know your suggestions.
sudharl
My preference is Wire World

They have some really good deals on closeouts.

This is out of stock but they are great cables I suggest you give them a call https://store.wireworldcable.com/collections/sales-and-closeouts/products/copy-of-mini-eclipse-8-spe...
Depending on the length you need, that will also determine the price for the product that you land on.  I use Audioquest exclusively throughout my entire system.  I can't speak highly enough for that brand.  Though they may be a bit more pricey than many of their competitors, you can definitely count on their products to deliver an excellent sound through research, materials, and craftsmanship of the product manufacturing process.  Audio Advisor for this Spring is offering bulk product/length purchases at a significantly reduced price compared to the Audioquest finished/packaged product at retail.  You just can't go wrong with either of these options.  They offer this in the products of Type 4, Type 8, and Rocket 88.   The Rocket 88 is by far the best sounding of those 3 options and they are selling at 6ft, 8ft, 10ft, for $450, $560, and $670, respectively.  That's 43% off of list price.  It's like buying new product for "used product" prices.  Have fun on your decision process and do enjoy the music!
sudharl

I’ll assume since you are using 12g wire, it is stranded: it is SO MUCH BETTER to go to an electrical supply house in your area, and purchase 12g SOLID CORE COPPER WIRE. I use it, bare end and twisted together, (from Amp or Integrated) and have never been disappointed.Whether single or bi-wired, it is easily the most cost effective answer. I read years ago a comment made by a high-end speaker mfg., who said this is easily the best for most amp/speaker combo at a value of $78,000 or less.
In my area, the the 12g Solid Core Copper wire (in various colors) at $0.20 (+ tax ) lf - so to 6’ bi-wire my speakers was under $10...
MOST IMPORTANT : BREAK IN FOR 300+ HOURS CONTINUOUS PLAY (vary volume - low overnights, various changes in volume daily for several hours at a time).
Other alternates you might consider: NORDOST FLAT 2or FLAT 4, and cables from JW Audio (similar what you could make yourself, except he cold-treats the cable as well).
You were on the right road with the 12g - now go the rest of the way and be surprised...
REMEMBER: Twisted together, bare ends and adequate break-in.
Good Luck Bud...