Need speaker cable recommendations ...

Anyone have experience with speaker cables for Lexicon MC-1, EAD Powermaster and Dunlavy Aletha speakers. The usage will be 50/50 HT/music. I am happy to buy used, and would prefer to limit the cost to no more than $500. I need 10 ft length. Some threads suggest simply going to Home Depot or Radio Shack. Kimber Kable 8-TC seems to pop up on many threads. I am bleary-eyed from reading the Dunlavy "Cable Nonsense" threads and see points on both sides regarding the Z-6. I understand the final decision is personal preference, I'd simply like to know if others have gone down a similar path and where they ended up. Thanks.
newtohifi

Showing 1 response by bj812

I've tried a lot of wire in last 20 years like (vampire/kimber 4tc 8tc pbj hero plus select 1010 1011 3033 3035/cardas/audioquest/xlo/transparent/tara/ The biggest dispointment and suprisingly bad and I mean bad was the tansparent cable, it was hard & nasty no matter the length of the break in. The 2nd best I found is cardas haxlink gold rich in harmonics A nice speaker cable. The best that I think is the finest I found is by a small company called wasatch cable works. It is natural & articulate & at the same time give a wide and deep soundstag. The reproduction is three-dimensional thats "IT" OOOOH YEAH here is the wbe page (www.WasatchCableWorks.com)