Need some help. Rega RS5s over PSB Imagine Ts?

I recently sold my current speakers and was planning on buying the PSB Imagine Ts. When I went to demo them a 2nd time to make sure, the sales rep recommended I give the Rega RS5s a try. When I did an A/B comparison I was surprisingly more impressed with the Regas. I know a lot of it is based on personal preference but I'm pretty new to this and just wanted to make sure I won't regret my purchase. I can purchase them for pretty much the same price. My question is: has anyone out there compared these two and what ate your impressions? You think overall the Imagine Ts are a better value? Any help is appreciated. I tend to over think/analyze/ stress about these things. Thanks.
bleslie889

Showing 5 responses by bleslie889

I have a Rotel 1520 integrated amp. I mostly listen to records-a Rega RP3- and also have a Jolida JD9 phono preamp. Picking up the RS5s this week and really looking forward to it.
Thanks a bunch Tpreaves. Really helpful and great job recognizing hyperbole. Thanks Audiooracle for your suggestions. I'll check them out.
Thank you both for your help. I was exaggerating a bit with the stress-just feel like most of my limited free time lately has been spent researching and reading all types of forums and reviews. I went back today and still really do like the Regas. I guess my main concern is that when I take them home and listen to them in my room (smaller than demo room-approximately 12x 15 ft) and with my equipment there will be a big difference. From all the research I've done the PSBs get consistently good reviews and if they sounded better I feel like this decision would be a lot easier. Thanks again for your opinions.
Thank you all very much for your help and opinions. I'm going to order the RS5s today. I was really surprised they sounded as good as they did. Own a RP3 which I love but had no idea they did speakers this well.
Apologize for the long delay. I did set them up. They sound great-especially with anything with acoustic guitar. Been listening to a lot of the early Dylans on MoFi that came our pretty recently on 45. Also the Muddy Waters Folk Singer on 45 sounds phenomenal. Overall I like them a lot and would definitely recommend, especially for a 2 channel, straight audio set up. Hope this helps and sorry it took so long but just noticed it.