Need some help for Wadia 850 cdp

Ive got a problem, a Nasty storm came thru the area last night, now my Wadia 850 cd player wont work correctly. Ive tried leaving the ac power off for 24hours, no good, what happens is she will play part of a track or not at all, my Question is; anybody else have this problem, and who can fix it. Should I go to Wadia or Great Northen Sound, Do you know if they can still fix this unit. I live in Toledo Ohio, so I can drive it to Wadia, They are in Ann Arbor Michigan. Please Help!!!!, Marc
null1

Showing 3 responses by jppenn

It would be a no brainer for me. Make arrangements to drive it to Wadia since you are so close. They will fix it and make it perfect. And yes, they will work on all their older models.
Beemer's statement "Wadia has been in and out of business so many times it's scary" is simply not true. Wadia recently moved their manufacturing facility from Ann Arbor to Saline and most of the "sensational" gossip concerning the company stemmed from understandable transition and reorganizing issues. They are healthy and in fact are coming out with two new state of the art players...check out the website. I sent in my Wadia and the repair turnaround was around three weeks. For me, the convenience and peace of mind to be able to personally deliver the player is a big plus. To remain objective however, Great Northern does excellent work and is highly regarded. You have a wonderful player and have some nice options to have it serviced. The gossip concerning Wadia is amazing and a good example of how the hyperbole on the forums can sometimes turn into a feeding frenzy irregardless of real fact. Wadia is alive and very well.
Hello Beemer,
Thanks for your input. I obviously was not privy to all that was/is going on with Wadia. My comment was based on my personal experience with the company and dealing with Keith at Wadia. The last thing I would ever intentionally do would be to give anyone bad advice. And no, I am not a betting man...but I have had 5 Beemers and currently drive an 1150RT! I know they're a good bet! Mea Culpa!