Need Some Advice - Cary Audio si 300 2d or Lumin D2 via XLR to Parasound A21?

Hi, I'm relatively new to 2 channel streaming, have always loved stereo equipment, have in the past had a much heavier focus on home theater.

I'm trying to decide if I'm better off with a Lumin D2 feeding a Parasound A21 which I currently have or switching to a Cary Audio si 300 2d.  My speakers are Focal 1028 BE's with a REL TI9 sub.  I also have a Parasound P6 and a node 2i.  I'm finding I prefer bypassing the P6 all together and connecting the Lumin D2 via the XLR connectors to the A21. I currently stream mostly Tidal using Roon.  I plan stream via Tidal or another HiFi service.

Torn between ditching the Parasound P6 and buying a Schiit Freya mainly just so I can switch to HT when I'm watching movies vs music, currently I have swap connectors between my AV Receiver and the DE.  The D2 doesn't have a coax or optical out so wouldn't make too much sense to pair with the 300 which also has a substantial DAC built in. 
I think the amp and DAC would be an upgrade on the Cary, not sure by how much.  If I went that route I would either be using my Phone / Tablet to stream Tidal to the Cary unit or would use the Node 2i as a streamer only.  Somewhat confused on how important a streamer is, some swear it's the source and has a big impact (garbage in / garbage out theory) others seem to subscribe that almost any streamer will do, especially if paired with a great DAC. 

Thoughts?  I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to return the D2, sell off my Parasound gear or maintain the flexibility of a separate amp.
mm1tt77
I have just compared in my system the Lumin D2 vs Lindemann bridge + rme adi-2 dac. Roon as source.  Nothing good to say about the Lumin. Dark and uninspiring. YMAMV.