Need some $500 & under Amp recommendations

Hey,

I wanted to get some opinions this if I could...

I picked up a new pair of Paradigm Atoms v5 and am looking for a good integrated or amp/pre combo to match. My budget is limited to $500 or under.

What I am looking for is whatever would give me the absolute cleanest sound I could get in that price range. I don't need a lot of power as the Atoms are efficient little speakers.

I am open to anything... tubes or solid, integrated or seperates, used or new... I have already done quite a bit of research... at this point my money is on a Nad C325BEE.

I do realize that with sound gear, one thing sounding 'better' than another is largely subjective. Yet, I would still like some opinions to help, especially since I haven't the resources to test a bunch of equipment before buying. I just want to make sure I didn't miss something in my research and that there is a majority opinion of "Oh, well obviously the Turbo Sonic Medulla Stimulator is vastly superior to the NAD C325BEE."

Thanks for the help everyone!
djembeplay

Showing 3 responses by timrhu

I used a NAD C352 for a short time while waiting for an amp and was thrilled with it's performance. I purchased it over the C325BEE because it has an extra pre out for use with a subwoofer. Although you may not need a sub now, it's nice to know you can add later with ease. Not sure what the retail price is but they can be had here used for less than $400. Good luck and enjoy.
It is simpler to hook the sub to an extra set of pre outs, which the 352 has and the 325 lacks. Check this out http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers for complete info. They have a nice feature that lets you look at the back of each amp. Most subs can be hooked via the speaker terminals and some people prefer it this way. I prefer a separate pre out hook up in my system. And yes you can also run the pre out from the amp to the sub and then back to the amps main in with some subs so it would be possible with the 325BEE.
Also, I've owned two recent NAD products (C541i and C352) with no reliability issues. The only negative comment I have about the 352 is the remote volume control was very sensitive. Made it hard to fine tune the volume.
I'll make a recommendation as you have researched the contenders. Buy the one you like used and if it isn't what you like you can sell it with little risk. I've done this more times than I care to admit. Not really very risky when buying from members in good standing. It keeps those UPS/fedex drivers busy.
You can't go wrong with any of the amps recommended so far.